Call for Speakers – 2023 NNBA Nurse Entrepreneurship & Career Alternatives Conference
Call for Speakers is CLOSED
Las Vegas, Nevada
Friday August 4 and Saturday August 5, 2023
Pre-conferences: Thursday August 3, 2023
Deadline for proposals:
January 5, 2023. The NNBA will notify the speakers selected by February 1, 2023. Speaker spots are limited.
Business opportunities and business practices for nurses to start, grow or improve their business.
The NNBA looks for speakers that are engaging, informative, outcome based and well networked. Only speaker proposals from NNBA members will be considered. Speakers are expected to utilize their social media channels and professional networks to assist the marketing and promotion of #NNBA2023 conference.
The presentations are typically divided into 30-to-50-minute sessions. A speaker may speak in multiple tracks and give multiple presentations. Presentation methods include lecture and interactive sessions, such as tabletop, and panel discussions. The presentations:
- Should provide rich information for the entrepreneurial nurse.
- Should be interactive to enable the audience to participate in the learning experience.
- Should be clear, crisp, and interesting.
- Should provide take-away materials with actionable items that enable attendees to follow your suggestions.
Proposals must be submitted by filling out the form below.
Proposals must include a professional picture (electronic JPEG file) attached with your proposal.
The contact person is Michelle Podlesni, NNBA president. She can be reached at mdp@NursesBusiness.com.
The National Nurses in Business Association is a membership organization dedicated to providing unsurpassed value, education, resources, and networking opportunities for nurses in business. We are looking for speakers interested in sharing their expertise with fellow nurses on business topics. As compensation, the association offers the speaker:
- All accepted speakers receive complimentary attendance to the Main Conference, Thursday evening’s Meet and Greet through Saturday’s closing remarks.
- All accepted speakers receive a discounted exhibitor’s table. Speakers purchasing an exhibitor’s table will follow the exhibitor’s rules and regulations outlined on the NNBA website.
- If the session is recorded, the speaker may request a master audio copy of their presentation for a small fee. The association owns the right to publish the presentation and all derivative works in all media. The speaker owns the copyright of the material and the right to reproduce the recording without restriction.
- The opportunity to present a pre-conference workshop. The association will consider pre-conference workshops of 3 to 4 hours in length. For nurses who want to present a pre-conference workshop, in addition to marketing your workshop, the NNBA will advertise it, administer the registrations, collect the money, pay the expenses, and negotiate a revenue sharing arrangement with the speaker(s).
- Pre-conference workshop presenters must complete a calendar event on the NNBA website or provide the NNBA with an event flyer that can be placed on the NNBA event calendar.
- Each speaker is responsible for paying all of his/her own expenses (travel, lodging, and meals).
- Exceptions may be made for the event’s Keynote Speaker(s).
Speakers are responsible for bringing their own handouts or providing an electronic link to their presentation and resources.
The audience includes nurse entrepreneurs and aspiring nurse entrepreneurs. Approximately 90% are female and 10% are male registered nurses who are self-employed or interested in self-employment, mainly between the ages of 27 to 67, and reside in both urban and rural regions of the U.S.and Canada. We are starting to see an increase in global nurse attendees interested in entrepreneurship.
Meeting Room Setup:
The main conference room set up will include a screen, computer, and LCD projector. Pre-conference workshops and Breakout sessions are held in smaller meeting rooms, classroom style and the speakers need to provide their own laptops and projectors.
All speakers must agree to provide their presentation in a standard electronic format no later than June 25, 2023.
Speakers at past conferences were nurse entrepreneurs, entrepreneurs, and business experts including attorneys, accountants, and software providers.
The conference is marketed by the association in print and online. Speakers, Sponsors and Exhibitors are also asked to market the event as outlined in #6 of the submission form.
Thank you for considering speaking for the National Nurses in Business Association.