NNBA 2022 Call for Speakers
Dedicated to the Advancement and Promotion of Nurse Entrepreneurship
The Call for Speakers for the #NNBA2022 Annual Educational Conference is official. Take this opportunity to submit your proposal on Nurse Entrepreneurship, Business Development, Best Practices and opportunities to share with nurses to start, improve, or grow their business. Deadline for proposals: November, 30, 2022. Speaker spots are limited, and entering a proposal is not a guarantee of speaking at the event. Only NNBA Members’ proposals will be considered.
THE FLAGSHIP NNBA 2022 CONFERENCE
NNBA’s annual conference on nurse entrepreneurship is known for nurse entrepreneurs, business owners and experts sharing how nurses can monetize and maximize their experience. Now more than ever, nurses desire knowledge that will allow them to benefit from their years of experience, and valuable subject matter expertise. We are nurses helping nurses succeed in business, and provide a wealth of information on entrepreneurship and emerging business trends for nurses.
The NNBA looks for speakers that are engaging, informative, relevant, outcome based and well networked. The presentations should:
- Provide rich information
- Be interactive to enable audience participation in the learning experience
- Be clear, relevant, and interesting
- Provide take-away materials with actionable items for attendees to follow
Detailed information and instruction are provided on the submission form. The information provided by speakers will be used in the conference program materials. Selected speakers will agree to scheduling a future Zoom call with the NNBA for further instructions, deadlines and resources for your role as a Speaker.
The National Nurses in Business Association is a membership organization dedicated to providing unsurpassed value, education, resources, and networking opportunities for nurses in business. We are looking for speakers interested in sharing their expertise with fellow nurses on business topics. As compensation, the association offers the speaker:
- All accepted speakers receive complimentary attendance to the Main Conference, Friday evening’s Meet and Greet through Sunday’s closing remarks.
- All accepted speakers receive an opportunity to purchase highly discounted exhibitor space. Speakers choosing to exhibit will follow the exhibitor’s rules and regulations outlined on the NNBA website.
- If the session is recorded, the speaker may request a master audio copy of their presentation for a small fee. The association owns the right to publish the presentation and all derivative works in all media. The speaker owns the copyright of the material and the right to reproduce the recording without restriction.
- The opportunity to present a pre-conference workshop. The association will consider pre-conference workshops of 3 to 4 hours in length. For nurses who want to present a pre-conference workshop, in addition to marketing your workshop, the NNBA will advertise it, administer the registrations, collect the money, pay the expenses, and negotiate a revenue sharing arrangement with the speaker(s).
- Each speaker is responsible for paying all of his/her own expenses (travel, lodging, and meals).
- Exceptions may be made for the event’s Keynote Speaker.
Handouts: Speakers are responsible for bringing their own handouts or providing an electronic link to their presentation and resources.
Audience Demographics: The audience includes nurse entrepreneurs, aspiring nurse entrepreneurs, self-employed nurses and nurses interested in learning about career alternatives. On average, we are seeing 50% of our audience are nurse business owners and 50% are aspiring entrepreneurs. Our audience is mainly between the ages of 28 to 68, and reside in both urban and rural regions of the U.S. and Canada. We are starting to see an increase in non-nurse attendees interested in entrepreneurship or in support of a nurse present at the conference.
Meeting Room Setup: The main conference room set up will include a screen, computer, and LCD projector. Pre-conference workshops are held in smaller meeting rooms, classroom style and the speakers need to provide their own laptops, projectors, slide advance clicker, and the appropriate cabling to connect your laptop and projector.
Materials Due: All speakers must agree to provide their presentation in a standard electronic format no later than June 15, 2022.
Past Speakers: Speakers at past conferences were business experts, nurse entrepreneurs, business owners, entertainers, and ancillary service providers (for example including attorneys, financial planners, and accountants).
Marketing: The conference is marketed by the association in print and online. Speakers, Sponsors and Exhibitors also market the event as outlined in #7 of the submission form.
Thank you for considering speaking for the National Nurses in Business Association.