Business Planning – Expert Guidance – Powerful Networking – Marketing
Your NNBA Membership Includes:
Nurses Business Training Center
- Business Planning & Development Tools: Provides a unique outline and processes to help you consider your business’s potential before you invest your money. Three modules divided into 25 lessons to help you: determine what business is right for you, how to start your business and how to keep your business successful.
- Nurses Business Plans: Three Business plans are outlined – The Mini (customized and most often used by nurses in business), The Lean, and the Traditional Business Plans.
- Start-up Cost Calculator: We have provided a start-up cost calculator for you to find out how much cash you’ll need to launch your nurse business and keep it running until it becomes profitable. Additionally, you also have the option to receive your customized print out of your results by having it directly sent to your email!
- Quick Start Action Steps: Everything you need to know from how to name your business, develop a logo, write a business plan, to marketing, and beyond.
- Continuing Education: Earn continuing education (CE) through NNBA.
Expert Guidance on the Pathway to Nurse Business Ownership Including:
- NNBA Newsletter: The Nurses Business News is read by over 15,000 nurses and leaders throughout the country, the NNBA newsletter is one of our members’ favorite resources! Learn best practices, the latest business trends, and receive expert insider perspectives. See the career opportunities that are posted, discover which NNBA members are in the spotlight to learn about their business.
- Mentoring with NNBA President: Michelle Podlesni is an accomplished business woman and has coached managers, executives, and nurses for the past 25 years. Her true passion for mentoring and helping others succeed in business has made her a sought after speaker and business coach, and fueled her Amazon #1 best-selling book UNconventional Nurse: Going From Burnout to Bliss!® With access to Michelle, NNBA members have direct support and the ability to maximize their membership by Michelle’s talent for connecting you with relevant NNBA members and resources. Schedule your Discovery/Strategic Session.
You’ll also find information on:
- Discovering your job options as a self-employed RN, business owner, and entrepreneur.
- Selecting a job option doing the type of work you enjoy.
- Obtaining the knowledge needed to provide the service or product.
- Acquiring the business knowledge.
- Writing a business plan.
- Starting and growing your dream.
Member’s Marketing and Networking Options
- NNBA Nurses Business Network and My Account: NNBA understands the power of a strong professional community! Members can customize their My Account, available online to all members, 24/7. From the dashboard, you will have access to your member’s only content, items for purchase, and any new NNBA offerings. You will also have access to the online member’s directory, the events calendar, and your member’s profile page including your order history. You can add content about yourself at any time or upload a photo.
- NNBA Events Calendar-Free Advertising and Event Promotion: The Events Calendar is displayed on the outward facing pages of the website, visible to all website visitors. Only members have access to add up to two events per month that they are hosting. This gives NNBA members free advertising, promotion, and visibility seen by thousands of visitors each month.
- NNBA Annual Nurse Entrepreneurship & Career Alternatives Conference: NNBA’s signature event, this opportunity allows for members to connect with colleagues and utilize professional development sessions to grow their businesses. Access to industry leaders with best practices, workshops, lectures, and great professional networking! NNBA members receive $100 off registration.
- Nurses Business Community Forum: NNBA’s Forum is 100% secure, private, and free from commercialization.Make meaningful connections, gain valuable insights, and have genuine engagement with like-minded nurses who share your interests.
Additional Membership Values
- $100 discount upon registration for NNBA’s Annual Nurse Entrepreneurship & Career Alternatives Conference.
- Significant discounts on advertising in NNBA’s newsletter reaching over 15,000 nurses.
- Opportunities to speak at conferences.
- Discounts on all our publications, events and products as well as some of NNBA members products.
- Marketing opportunities on the NNBA website and exhibiting opportunities at conferences.
Answers to your questions
Access for your questions by phone or email.
Auto-Renewal and Refund Policy
Many NNBA members have requested auto-renewal of their annual membership so they retain their initial membership rate and that their membership not be interrupted. We will attempt to continue your membership annually without interruption unless you tell us otherwise. At the end of your initial term (12 months) and every year thereafter on your membership anniversary date, we will attempt to charge your credit card our Merchant Processor has on file. This will protect the original membership rate that was in effect at the time you initially joined.
Should you opt-out of our auto-renewal feature, or if our auto-renewal process fails to renew your membership, your membership will expire. If you then renew your membership, the current annual membership rate will prevail, which may be more. You may opt-out of NNBA’s auto-renewal by sending an email to webadmin@NursesBusiness.com.
As of 2/17/2020, our Merchant Processor (Stripe) updated their refund fees policy. When any refund is performed, Stripe no longer returns the processing fee from the original charge. Due to this, as of 4/1/2020, whenever we refund a Customer for any transaction, the refund will be less the amount that NNBA was charged (currently $5.20 on membership) during the initial transaction. Membership satisfaction guaranteed.The National Nurses in Business Association is a private association. The association reserves the right to refuse membership and to discontinue membership at the discretion of the association. Any membership fee paid will be prorated and refunded. The author and the National Nurses in Business Association shall have neither liability nor responsibility to any person or entity with respect to any loss or damage caused, or alleged to have been caused, directly or indirectly, by the information contained in any NNBA product.
Top 5 Reasons Why You Should Join the NNBANow.com
There are many reasons why, since 1985, thousands of nurses looking for a change, desiring more freedom, and becoming their own boss, have chosen to advance their careers by becoming members of the National Nurses in Business Association. Here are the Top 5 Reasons You Should Join the NNBA Today!
#1 Nurse Business Owner Network
You will be joining and networking with nurses who have transitioned into the business world over the past 30 years, as well as nurses who are currently transitioning into new professional careers. Our veteran members’ resumes include thousands of nurse-owned businesses, awards, and millions in revenues. The experience, knowledge, and impact of our community is amazing-as well as the support that is provided to fellow nurse entrepreneurs and aspiring entrepreneurs. You will have the opportunity to make incredible and meaningful connections by networking with other NNBA members who share your interests and passion.
#2 Current & Relevant
All Nurses Need a Plan B. Drastic changes in the healthcare environment are resulting in a reconfiguration of facilities and threatening job security for many nurses in this country. There is good news in that there are fantastic opportunities for nurse owned and operated businesses to address these changes and challenges. The NNBA stays current on changes and opportunities and provides nurses helpful resources and connections to navigate the current healthcare and business environments.
#3 Role Models and Mentors
Accelerate your learning curve by networking and talking with other nurses who have succeeded in the areas in which you are interested. Membership in the NNBA community opens doors for you to speak with other nurses who have or are currently walking the talk, who share your interests and experience, saving you time, frustration, and worry.
#4 Mission Driven
NNBA is driven by its mission by encouraging nurse entrepreneurs and intrapreneurs to: develop, grow and manage their own businesses, developing opportunities locally and nationally for nurses in business and serving the networking and educational needs of our members. We are committed to providing this through the core values of service, encouragement, education, empowerment and connection.
#5 Your Own Business
Are you ready for more flexibility, freedom and control over your financial destiny? We want to assure you that you can do this. We provide you with business planning tools and templates. Leverage your past nursing experience, skills, and life experiences into a rewarding and satisfying career. Control the hours you work, the clients you have, the employees you hire, and work from the location you choose and enjoy.
The NNBA provides up-to-date business opportunities, business education, a national voice and a networking arena for collegial support among nurse entrepreneurs and nurse intrapreneurs.
Join the thousands of nurses that have benefited from membership in the NNBA and become part of the next generation of the NNBA.