NNBA Nurse Entrepreneur News – 05/01/2020
The evolving nature of this pandemic is fast – paced. Much of the world, and our country is involved in phased re-openings as there is an increased availability of testing, tracing, and treatment protocols. Exciting news came out of Oxford University with human testing now underway, they are leading in the global race to find a vaccine.This vaccine could be ready by September. Seventy different groups are involved in development of a coronavirus vaccine on accelerated schedules with extraordinary efforts being made on all fronts.
Our nursing colleagues everywhere deserve good news as well as supportive, and safe environments. Let’s remember as time goes on, there will be many more opportunities, and many NNBA members are providing support, encouragement, and resources. We’ve listed several here:
- Keith Carlson, RN, BSN, NC-BC runs The Nurse Keith Show podcasts which has insights gleaned from conversations with a top scientists regarding current COVID-19 research; the challenges of testing,and other topics salient to the ongoing pandemic that continues to disrupt lives and economies worldwide. Check it out here: https://lnkd.in/gZZtfg7
- Laura Gasparis Vonfrolio, PhD, RN, CCRN, advocates for nurses on the front lines, rallying support, and delivering PPEs.
- Lisbeth Overton, BSN, BSHHP, AADP, and Holistic Stress Management Instructor, delivers her popular Divine Downloads podcasts. This podcast is especially poignant where Lisbeth interviews her sister, who survived after 40 days with COVID-19. Listen here at: https://www.lisbethoverton.com/divine-downloads-blog/2020/4/24/riding-the-covid-19-roller-coaster-with-lara-overton
- Renee Thompson, DNP, RN, CSP® at Healthy Workforce Institute brings tools and tips for a healthy work culture. Renee provided 30 Days of Kindness, Coping, & Caring. If you’re feeling like it’s Groundhog’s Day, watch this quick video: http://vid.us/gyuy7h
- Stella Nsong, RN, CMC, LTCP is going“live” for 24 hours on May 2nd. She helps caregivers find balance, resources and help so they can reclaim their time, and master strategies for living a fulfilling and gratifying life in their multiple roles as caregivers. It is FREE to sign up here:https://caregiverreliefnetwork.com/.
- Donna Cardillo, RN, MA, CSP® FAAN, The Inspirational Nurse. Each day Donna provides inspirational messages. Her book, Falling Together: How to Find Balance, Joy, and Meaningful Change When Your Life Seems to be Falling Apart is a wonderful read, especially today: https://www.amazon.com/Falling-Together-Balance-Meaningful-Change/dp/1631520776
- Lorie Brown, MN, JD, put together the video series to provide tips for nurses on the front line of the coronavirus fight. Here is her interview from KUSI San Diego News, click here.
*This list is does not include all the NNBA members that are doing remarkable work in either providing direct care, PPE provisions, services, meals, programs and donations.
The COVID-19 lock down of all but essential services has been referred to as the great “pause”. If it has occurred to you that it may be time to write your book, I highly recommend signing up for Pat Iyer’s Start Your Book, Mastering the First Critical Steps. See the ad below and I’ll see you there.
In our first article of interest below, Dr. Louise Jakubik, PhD, RN, NPD-BC, CSP, and NNBA Business Advisory Board Member, recently appeared on Open Pediatrics World Shared Practice Forum. We know Louise at NNBA as a successful entrepreneur in the education space, a mentor, and friend. This interview demonstrates another dimension of Louise as a national expert and research scientist in nurse mentorship as an individual and organizational force to develop and leverage human talent. Next is Why Journaling is the Best Thing to Do During a Crisis. Whether it is your number one coping strategy, or something you have pondered, journaling is a beneficial act of self-care. I have employed each of the 5 suggestions for COVID-19 journaling. Our last article is from Brittney Wilson, The Nerdy Nurse who has put together a comprehensive list of goodies and giveaways for nurses. Many businesses have stepped up to the plate to honor nurses with COVID-19 Nurse Discounts and Freebies.
Behind the scenes, NNBA has been doing a good deal of quality assurance activity and testing on the new NNBA website. We will keep you posted on definitive dates and times of it going live! As September gets closer, we will see what the casino and resort scene is doing in Las Vegas. There are many options available, and as soon as we are able, we will communicate the information to you.
In honor of nurses all over the world, we are sending love, respect, and deep appreciation always, and especially during this coming Nurses Week!