In 2020, podcasting has become a major force to be reckoned with in a wide variety of industries. While audiences still consume e-newsletters, videos, blogs, articles, and social media posts, podcasting is the only medium currently available that any audience member with a smart phone can tune into 24 hours per day without needing to read or look at a screen once they hit “play”. We are seeing an increasing number of nurses and nurse business owners either launching their own shows or wanting to be guests on others’ podcasts.
In this pre-conference workshop, we’ll cover everything you need to know about planning, designing, and launching a podcast, including choosing your niche, necessary equipment, software, editing and production, monetization, branding, finding your “voice”, and much more.
Please join us for a fun day of learning as you hop aboard the podcasting train!
During this pre-conference seminar, you will learn:
- Learn what a podcast is and why you should start one
- Find out why podcasting is so darn fun
- Discover how to choose your niche and create your podcast
- Understand the bare bones equipment you’ll need to get started
- Learn the steps of actually launching your podcast
- Discover the top five ways to grow your podcast audience
- Hear tips of finding and managing podcast guests
- Learn about the when, how, and why of monetizing your podcast
- Receive invaluable podcasting advice from one of the most experienced nurse podcasters on air
- Have all of your questions answered
- Enjoy the company of other nurses interested in this exciting medium
Keith Carlson, BSN, RN, NC-BC is a holistic career coach for nurses, award-winning nurse blogger, writer, podcaster, social media influencer, keynote speaker, author, popular career columnist, as well as a nurse innovator and disrupter.
With more than two decades of nursing experience, Keith deeply understands the issues faced by 21st-century nurses. Keith’s podcast, The Nurse Keith Show, offers inspiration and practical support to nurses seeking to create meaningful and satisfying lives and careers. He was also a founder and cohost of RNFM Radio, one of the first nursing podcasts on air.
Keith’s message of savvy career management and professional satisfaction reaches tens of thousands of nurses worldwide. He can be found on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram, as well as at NurseKeith.com.
Keith lives in beautiful Santa Fe, New Mexico with his adorable and remarkably intelligent cat, George.